Planning an event is another touch point in your customers journey to engagement or purchase. It’s also great way to introduce new customers to your brand, or thank existing ones. You want your event to be a huge success, so follow these tips and it will be a knock out.
- First things first, what is the objective of your event? Sales, engagement, launch or nurturing
- Set targets – how many people would you like to attend and how many leads would you like to convert
- Decide what type of event you are going to host. Is it an experience, an introduction, a presentation, a lesson? The best events will connect to your brand to the experience, getting your target audience excited about attending.
- Where will you host the event? A venue sets the tone for the event, so make sure you choose the right space. For example if you want people to concentrate on a presentation then it needs to be somewhere without distractions, that is comfortable, if you want to impress your attendees you need to find somewhere breathtaking. If its a launch event in a park for example, make sure you have all the public space and council approvals in place
- Consider your guest list or work out how you can control attendance. You need to make sure the right people attend so work out how you can ensure that you get the guests you want. If its a mass market event, ensure you have a strong advertising and media strategy in place.
- Create a reason for attending. The best way to get the guests you want is to make sure that they have a reason to attend, you can do this by either making the event exciting or by offering some other form of inducement, such as information or a discount.
- Data capture, how are you capturing the names and contact details of your guests so they convert to leads
- Finally, have fun, enjoy showcasing your brand, its something to be proud of